Audio Equipment Training: Microphone Theory Level 2
Event Type: Audio Production|
Age Group(s): Adults, Teens
Start Time: 4:30 PM
End Time: 5:30 PM
Choose the right mic. Hear how different microphones pick up and transmit sound. Discover how to use polar patterns, proximity effect and phase to get the best sound for your project. Learn how to use microphone specification sheets to help you isolate the features you want for your recording.
Library: Orlando Public Library
Required Skills: Understanding of basic microphone theory and terminology, including transducer types and polar patterns. Ability to set up and tear down microphones and equipment.
Recommended Prerequisites: Microphone Theory Level 1 and Fundamentals of Sound for Audio Engineering
Recommended Audience: Adults
Location: Audio Production Studio
Registration Ends: 8/15/2017 at 12:00 AM
Presenter: Jonathan C-O.
CLASS AND CAMP REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION
Please review event details and description for recommended prerequisites, required skills, and event-specific instructions and/or exceptions to the Camp and Class Registration and Cancellation information.
- Library account must be at zero balance in order to attend a class or camp.
- Most classes and camps are free to Orange County Library District cardholders, fee cardholders and Orange County Property Owner cardholders.
- Non-Library cardholders may attend by paying a $10 non-refundable class registration fee and any applicable materials fee for each class or each camp day at the time of registration.
- To register, please visit www.ocls.info/classes, call 407.835.7323, or visit any of our locations.
- Some classes or camps include a non-refundable materials fee. To make payment, please call us at 407.835.7323 or visit any of our locations.
- When registering for a multi-day class or camp you will be automatically registered for each subsequent occurrence.
- All classes and camps start on time. Registration closes at the start of the class or first day of the camp. Those on the waiting list will have access to the class or camp only if there is a cancellation prior to the start of the class or camp. Those already registered will have a 10-minute window to arrive, otherwise will not be admitted in the classroom.
- The Library reserves the right to close or cancel a class or camp as deemed necessary.
- Any person requiring special accommodations to participate in a class, camp or event due to a disability may arrange for reasonable accommodations by contacting the location at which the event is held at least seven days prior to the event.
ATTENDANCE AND CANCELLATION:
- Materials fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another class or person under any circumstances.
- To avoid the $5 late cancellation fee, class cancellation must be made by 11:59 p.m. the day before the class.
- The non-Library cardholder class registration fee is non-refundable and non- transferrable.
- To cancel a class, please visit www.ocls.info/cancelclass, stop by any of our locations, or call 407.835.7323.
Multi-Day Classes and Camps
- Materials fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another multi-day class, camp or person under any circumstances.
- To avoid a $15 late cancellation fee, cancellation of multi-day classes or camps must be made by 11:59 p.m. the day before the first day of the multi-day class or camp. Cancellations of multi-day classes or camps after this time will result in a one-time $15 fee.
- Failure to attend the first day of a multi-day class or camp will result in automatic cancellation from the multi-day class or camp and a one-time $15 late cancellation fee. You must attend the first day of a multi-day class or camp in order to participate in the following days. After attending the first day, students may participate in the rest of a multi-day class or camp, even if an absence were to occur. Cancellations of subsequent occurrences are not permitted. A $5 fee will be assessed each day absent.
- Non-Library cardholder class registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable to another multi-day class, camp or person under any circumstances.
* Applies to in-person classes, online classes, camps and multi-day classes. Class schedule is subject to change.
Link: Recommended Prerequisite: Microphone Theory 1
Status: Waiting List
We're sorry. The registration deadline was 8/15/2017 at 12:00 AM.