Basic Sewing: Pull-on Shorts (3-Part Series)
Event Type: Technology Classes|
Age Group(s): Adults, Teens
Date: 1/10/2017, 1/11/2017, 1/12/2017
Start Time: 1:30 PM
End Time: 3:30 PM
Let's make your first sewing project quick and easy. Learn to sew pull-on shorts from start to finish using professional patterns, fabric and professional sewing machines in this 3-day class series. Each session will be 2 hours. Students are required to wear closed-toe shoes to this class. We provide fabric for your first time taking this class/series. If you choose to come to this class/series more than one time, you will need to provide your own fabric. (Project requires no less than 2 yards of 44" wide fabric)
Library: Orlando Public Library
Skills Required: Participants must be able to wind a bobbin, thread a sewing machine, sew straight seams and cut fabric.
Age requirements: 13 to Adult
Recommended Prerequisite: Basic Sewing: Introduction to the Sewing Machine.
Day 1: Pinning Patterns, cutting fabric and sewing seams.
Day 2: Hemming legs and waist.
Day 3: Inserting elastic and finishing touches.
Registration is required with a Library card in good standing. Seats are limited, so register today! To register, please call us at 407.835.7323 or visit any of our locations in person.
#tec101 #sewing #teens #hobbies #techobbies
Location: Sewing Studio
Registration Ends: 1/11/2017 at 12:00 AM
Presenter: Valerie D.
CAMP AND CLASS REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION
Applies to in-person classes, online classes and camps (series of classes)
Please review event details and description for recommended prerequisites, required skills, and event-specific instructions and/or exceptions to the Camp and Class Registration and Cancellation information.
- Library account must be at zero balance in order to attend a class or camp.
- Most classes and camps are free to Orange County Library District cardholders, fee cardholders, and Orange County Property Owner cardholders.
- Non-Library cardholders may attend by paying a $10 non-refundable class registration fee and any applicable materials fee for each class or each camp day at the time of registration.
- To register, please visit www.ocls.info/classes, call 407.835.7323, or visit any of our locations.
- Some classes or camps include a non-refundable materials fee. To make payment, please call us at 407.835.7323 or visit any of our locations.
- All classes and camps start on time. Registration closes at the start of the class or first day of the camp. Those on the waiting list will have access to the class or camp only if there is a cancellation prior to the start of the class or camp. Those already registered will have a 10-minute window to arrive, otherwise will not be admitted in the classroom.
- The Library reserves the right to close or cancel a class or camp as deemed necessary.
- Any person requiring special accommodations to participate in a class, camp or event due to a disability may arrange for reasonable accommodations by contacting the location at which the event is held at least seven days prior to the event.
ATTENDANCE AND CANCELLATION:
- Materials fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another class or person under any circumstances.
- To avoid the $5 late cancellation fee, class cancellation must be made by 11:59 p.m. the day before the class.
- The non-Library cardholder class registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- To cancel a class, please visit www.ocls.info/cancelclass, stop by any of our locations, or call 407.835.7323.
- Materials fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable to another camp or person under any circumstances.
- Camp Cancellation must be made by 11:59 p.m. the day before the first day of camp. Camp cancelled after this time will be assessed a no show fee.
- You must attend the first day of camp in order to participate in the rest of the camp. Failure to attend the first day of camp will result in a $15.00 no show fee. After attending the first day of camp, a $5 fee will be assessed each day absent during the camp.
- Non-Library cardholder class registration fee is non-refundable.
*Class schedule is subject to change.
Link: Prerequisite: Intro to the sewing machine
Status: Waiting List
We're sorry. The registration deadline was 1/11/2017 at 12:00 AM.